Service is the heart and soul of MRC. All our recovery support programs are volunteer-based and offer people in recovery a way to give back, strengthen their own recovery, and support others who are seeking recovery.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT SERVICES
- Telephone Recovery Support
- Allows the recovery community a way to give back, strengthen their personal recovery and support others who are seeking recovery. Trained MRC Volunteers call individuals who have requested this service to ask how their recovery is progressing and to connect them to the resources they need to achieve and maintain recovery. If in personal recovery from drug and alcohol addiction, six months of recovery experience is needed.
- Recovery Coaching
- A Recovery Coach assists others seeking to initiate or maintain recovery. Recovery Coaches empower their peers by helping them identify and remove barriers to recovery and connect them to resources and organizations that help foster and sustain long-term recovery. If in personal recovery from drug and alcohol addiction, 2 years of recovery experience is needed.
- The Advocacy Committee plans and executes way to educate friends, neighbors, policy makers, and the media about the reality of long-term recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs
- The Outreach Committee educates other members of the recovery community about the value and role of Minnesota Recovery Connection.
- Recovery Works!
- The Recovery Works! Committee plans the events and activities that take place in our area during National Recovery Month (September) and throughout the year. These events gather the recovery community to promote the societal benefits of treatment and other forms of recovery support for substance use disorders, celebrate people in recovery, and promote the message that recovery is possible.
- Administrative Volunteers provide administrative support to MRC staff on an as needed basis.
- Special Events Volunteers provide support at MRC special events.
If you are interested or have questions about any of MRC’s Volunteer Opportunities, please contact Monique Bourgeois, Volunteer/Training Coordinator, at 651-233-2080 x21 or Monique@minnesotarecovery.org